Pages

Sunday, January 25, 2015

The Fertility Fallacy

The Fertility Fallacy

In 2004 I was granted the honor of my second child - Fiona.  She was a dainty beautiful little gift.


Back to the routine of diaper bags, breastfeeding blankets  and tiny diapers.

So exciting until you're four months postpartum and all your beautiful baby will do is scream day and night.  I was absolutely exhausted, sore from nursing and frantically trying to figure out why she was crying.

All she wanted to do was eat.  She was so tiny...why couldn't I satisfy my baby?  Wasn't she getting enough milk?  It took me almost two days before I realized I had dried up.  Something had to be wrong.  With my oldest - Luca - I could feed the hospital nursery.

So when my husband arrived home from work we sat down at the dinner table. With my four month old in my lap devouring a bottle of formula,  I looked at my husband laughing maniacally.   Crazy in my eyes - I finally spoke the two words I thought were impossible when you were breastfeeding:
I'm pregnant.

Turns out you can get pregnant when you're breastfeeding.  Pass it on!!

1 comment: