Pages

Thursday, January 8, 2015

Overcoming Winter Anxiety

My feet are always freezing.  I go to bed after dinner (8:00).  I can never get warm and I have to go to the bathroom all the time because I continuously have hot tea in my hand.  Sound familiar?

The thrill is gone after Christmas.  One light dusting and I am anxiously awaiting the warm weather.

I am a summer baby who needs to feel the sun on my face.  You might say move to Florida, but if your family is like my family they are deeply rooted in an area and stay there.  And we all know we get by with a little help from our families.

As the anxiety builds and my stress level rises I search for a coping strategy.  In recent years, my garden has grown exponentially.  With this growth comes the need for more plants.  I decided to grow my plants from seedlings.  Little did I know this would help me cope through that part of the winter that drives me to tears.

I start the seeds in upside down water bottles.  A self waterer that I stole from a pinterest blog:

http://www.budget101.com/content.php/4644.

I carefully plan what I want to grow.  

I currently have strawberries that I pray will return this summer.  I also have asparagus that I have been growing for two years, this should be a year for harvest!  

Tomatoes, watermelon, cucumbers, zucchini, peppers, carefully lined in my atrium window.  I water them daily like a prayer to the summer that I am patiently waiting.  

This year I will try new botanicals for my soaps.  I am very excited to begin researching.  

So amid the anxiety of the winter, I sit by the fire planning my rows watching my garden grow.

So my fellow summer babies, or any season baby for that matter...how do you overcome winter anxiety?






No comments:

Post a Comment