Pages

Saturday, January 9, 2016

One of my famous sayings to my students is "I never fail."  Saying this in front of a room full of high school students always yields gasps...and whats?...and yeah rights.  Their disbelief is deeply ingrained until I enlighten them to the philosophy behind - I never fail.

This year I hunted my white whale...my Moby Dick...I was Ahab bellowing "There she blows!!"  I was dying since the time I started Micha's Homemade Soap to have my soap in a store in Haddonfield.  This particular store is so hip and trendy with a wonderful reputation.  I finally mustered up the confidence to call and there it was my white whale right in view.  The woman on the phone was so nice and I was thrilled.  I emailed the woman and like a bouncy ball - right back it came.

I took this as a sign to pop on over to the store.  I gathered my press kit and some samples and set on my way.  When I walked in, the lovely lady who answered the phone was there and she was so kind.  I had a sample box for her and for the owner and lo and behold the owner was right at the cash out counter!!

We spoke...

She sniffed...

She loved!! 

I waited and waited.  I followed up...she showed interest.  I popped in again to make a purchase.  I reintroduced myself she was quite hesitant.  This was not going to happen. As Ahab, for a brief moment, I was devoured by a humongous white whale; I was feeling quite down.

I started to think I would give up Micha's and be on my merry way to a life with one less hat.

But how could I do that?  I have preached to my students for years that "I never fail"  and I AM MICHA! There is no other Micha.  Thanks to the many different people in my life who fall in love with the Micha products I create and the Micha Moments they are meant to experience, I will not fail at this either.

Part of life is reflection and learning.  And this "fail" is just another  moment to reflect, revisit and rework to make something better than ever!!

A wonderful soccer mom once said, "Perception is reality."   I invite you to have a different perception on your "fail" this 2016.

What will you reflect on, revisit and rework?? Comment below!!

2 comments:

  1. That's true. It's all in how you see things. I love what Thomas Edison said, "I haven't failed, I've just found 10,000 ways that don't work." We're all experts in that way sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much of my confidence is from you!! Thanks chick!!

    ReplyDelete