Pages

Sunday, January 24, 2016

Bonus: 4 ways to survive the snow!

I usually only post once a month because of time and whatever else is dropped in my lap, but Snowmeggedan has granted me a moment to share what will be going on in Micha's house.

Dreaming of Summer!
I am a summer baby!  Sunshine and beaches, pools and margaritas!  And the sky has dropped 10-12 inches of snow on my tiny farm (I use the term loosely).  Despite the fact that I am in utter denial, I have devised a plan to make Snowmaggedon a bit more bearable.

Check it out!

1.  Prepare with a Plant
It's the end of January a great time to start your seedlings.  I always have some left over from last year and I always try them for another year.  So I have the water bottles and seed starter soil ready to go!  Start now and by march they will be all set for the greenhouse!

2.  Relax with Mandalas

I love coloring mandalas, but as a retired artist, I would love to try to draw my own.  So this weekend my daughters and I will have a go at drawing our own.  I found an awesome tutorial about how to draw mandalas.  Check it out and get creative!

3.  Create Warmth with Sun Salutations
If the sun doesn't want to come out, go to the sun.  Sun Salutations are a wonderful way to warm the breath, body and soul.

Work your way around clockwise, breathe and feel your body create the heat of summer!

4.  Cuddle with your favorite hot tea & a book

Tried and true-warm tea and a good book can transcend me from anywhere.  So farewell snow I will be sailing through the pages to another world.

So here you are... a quick list of to-do's when the weather is doing what you don't want it to.

What will you be doing on this snowy Sunday? Comment below!

With Gratitude,
Micha



No comments:

Post a Comment